Helping you make a better life
Your story matters to me and as a qualified counsellor and a caring human being I want to help you cope with whatever you are facing at the moment. I offer a free initial 30 minute consultation to see how we can work together. If you are experiencing anxiety, depression, stress, relationship issues, phobia’s, addictions, bereavement or loneliness then I will do my best to help you. My counselling room is just outside Horsham, and is within easy reach of surrounding areas including Crawley, Billingshurst and Haywards Heath.
How can counselling help you?
Counselling is not about giving advice but helping you to find your way to making the changes you want, to find a more relaxed, fulfilling and insightful way of living. It can be short term addressing issues that are recent that you just need to talk through to discover your options.
It can be longer term counselling, addressing issues that have been around for a many years and have been affecting you, the relationships you have and the way you have lived your life. These issues can arise from family life or growing up experiences such as trauma, abuse, neglect, bullying, living with depressed relatives, bereavement, a sense of not being cared for and much more. Counselling is about exploring these life events, making sense of life stories and giving you space to explore your feelings and thoughts about them. And discovering how you have managed and coped, what strengths you have and what changes you want to make in the future.
During counselling I will offer you:
- A safe, private and confidential space to talk about things that concern you.
- My full attention to help you feel heard, understood and not judged.
- An opportunity to explore what is happening for you in relation to others in your life.
- Some helpful exercises for releasing tension and anxiety that are easy to learn.
- The opportunity to discover and deepen the strengths and skills you have.
- Help to develop your sense of self awareness and self reflection.
- Help to improve and increase the choices you have.
Choosing a counsellor can be a difficult and worrying. You may have questions about my efficacy? Will I be able to help you or care about you? Will you get on with me? Will you like me? There are no easy answers. I would suggest that you trust your instincts and feelings and see where it leads. And of course you do not have to continue with me – you have a choice.
I would be pleased to meet you for an initial consultation to see how we get on. We can talk about the options for short or longer term counselling depending on your needs.
I provide a pleasant private room with easy parking and access and offer both evening and day time availability.
My fees are £40 per 50 minutes.
I offer affordable rates for students and those on benefits or who have financial difficulties.
- Contact me on 07598475228. Please leave a message if there is no reply and I will get back you to as soon as I can.
- Or firstname.lastname@example.org